- 3/4 cup of margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3oz package of Jello gelatin (any flavor will do, but we used lime)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2½ cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- sprinkles (optional)
2. Carefully add the remaining ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
3. Grease and flour baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
4. Roll the dough into 1½" balls and place on the baking sheets. It helps to add a little flour to your hands before rolling.
5. Flatten each ball of dough in a crisscross pattern with a fork. Again, flour is your friend here... dip the fork in flour before pressing it into the dough.
6. Add sprinkles, if you like...
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. They are done when you just start to see a light brown ring begin to creep up from the very bottom of the cookie. Move to a cooling rack and enjoy!
This is a great all-purpose recipe... you can change up the color and decorations to match any holiday or occasion. And Jello comes in so many flavors, there are lots of possibilities. Have fun with it!
I'm linking up...