I love the Yui Kokeshi Alexander Henry fabric on the bottom. I bought it a few weeks ago without any particular project in mind, and I'm glad I decided to use it for this shirt.
This time I made a little modification. Instead of using one fabric for both the bodice and the bottom of the front of the shirt, I used two different fabrics. I also took the pattern I created for the back and cut it into two pieces so it matched the front.
I cut fabric for the placket ruffles and neckline three different times... I kept changing my mind. I started with a dark pink and then the Yui Kokeshi fabric. I'm glad I finally settled on the black and white floral print. I think the bottom of the shirt is so busy that I really didn't need any extra color on the bodice.
And I love the little flower buttons. They matched the fabric so well.
I finished it after the girls went to bed last night. When my youngest woke up this morning, I showed her the shirt. She got a big smile on her face. It was probably gas, but it made me feel good.
She seems to like it. The sleeves are a little slim (this girl has big guns), but they don't seem to bother her. She can move around in it just fine.
I love both Sadie Shirts that I made, and the second shirt went so quickly after having made the first. If you are considering trying it, go for it! It's a really satisfying project.
I guess it's time to start thinking about Thanksgiving! Actually, I need to start thinking about Christmas! I hope to put together the list of handmade gifts I want to make and post it later this week or early next week. That way I can hold myself accountable for getting them done, and I can give you some ideas for gifts to make. Also, I have a big announcement coming later this week, so be looking for that. Thanks for stopping by today!
Linking up here: